Food Safety Agreement
Please Read the following information and agree to the terms by selecting the checked box.
IMPORTANT: USING THE DONATENYC WEBSITE CONSITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THIS USER AGREEMENT.
- Please list all common allergens, including possible cross-contamination. Please indicate in the item description if any donations contain or could have come in contact with: Eggs, Milk, Wheat, Shellfish, fish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame, and/or Soy
- All donateFood listings must be edible and visibly suitable for consumption.
- No inedible, unsafe, or visibly unappealing food may be listed. This includes food that contains:
- Abnormal dryness or moisture
- Ruptured, severely dented, or rusted packaging
- Abnormal or “off” smell
- Congealing or curdling
- Please refer to the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s Food Safety Guidelines for more information.
- All donation listings must include a photograph of an ingredient label and/or nutrition label if one is available.
- Donated food must be held and stored within food safe temperatures.
- All listings must match descriptions provided. If items are not true to listing description, System Administrators have the authority to remove the listing, and any future listings, from that user.
- No food from residents may be listed.
- No post-consumer products may be listed.
- No controlled or illegal substances may be posted, including but not limited to alcohol and drugs. This includes food items that contain edible marijuana or THC. This also includes all prescription and non-prescription medications and drugs.
- Listings cannot request or offer services or non-material goods.
donateFood is designed for edible food that would otherwise be discarded.